Why choose Team SKA? There are many things that make SKA Consulting Engineers a great place to work, including our talented employee family, our comprehensive benefits, our dynamic culture, and more.
SKA’s intelligent engineering solutions are only possible because of our talented employees – our most valuable asset. Solving some of the most complex engineering challenges in the southeast and across the United States, our experts are some of the most highly educated and sought after practitioners in the fields of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and structural engineering, as well as building solutions and litigation.
Committed to the success and professional development of our employees, SKA offers impressive benefits and opportunities. Family-friendly with a passion for treating our employees with respect, dignity, and trust, SKA strives to become a Best Place to Work company by investing in our greatest resource – YOU.
- Medical – Choice of two medical / prescription plans. Preventative care covered at 100%. Eligible on the 1st of the month following date of hire.
- Dental – Preventative care covered at 100%; Basic Care 80% after deductible; Major Care 50% after deductible; Orthodontia Care 50% with $1,000 per child lifetime maximum. Annual deductible $50 individual/$150 family. Annual Maximum $1,500 per covered person. Eligible the 31st day of employment.
- Vision – Routine Eye Exam covered at 100%. $200 allowance, per covered person, every 12 months to apply toward frames, lenses, contacts. Eligible the 31st day of employment or during open enrollment.
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment – Benefit equals 2 times the amount of annual salary. Maximum $250,000.
- Dependent Life – Benefit equals $5,000 for Spouse and $2,500 benefit for Children
- Short-Term Disability – Eligible for 60% of weekly salary up to $750 per week. Benefits begin after 14 day waiting period, for up to 13 weeks.
- Long-Term Disability – Eligible for 60% of monthly salary up to $6,000 per month. Benefits may continue for up to normal Social Security Retirement age.
- Employee & Dependent Life – Additional coverage is available for employees and their dependents.
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Voluntary pre-tax deductions to pay for health care and/or dependent daycare out-of-pocket expenses.
- Accident Insurance, Critical Illness, Cancer Insurance – Supplemental insurance that can provide you with additional financial protection.
- LegalShield – Talk to a lawyer on any personal legal matter, without worrying about high hourly cost. Protection against ID Theft included.
Paid Time Off (for Full-Time and Part-Time employees)
- Paid Time Off – Paid time off based on length of service, starting at 16 days.
- Holidays – New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving (2 days) and Christmas (2-3 days).
Retirement Savings Plans
401(K) – Eligible to participate in the Thrift Savings Plan on the first day of the month, following 60 days of employment. SKA may make a matching contribution which is determined annually by the Board of Directors. Currently for each dollar that you contribute up to 6% of our salary, SKA will contribute $0.50.
for additional benefits that attract the brightest and best talent to SKA.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Planning
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Mentor/Protégé Program
- Professional Association Membership
- Professional Licenses/Registrations time off with pay and exam fees
- Continuing Education, Training, Academic Program Financial Aid and Expense Reimbursement
- Cell Phone/Data Plan Reimbursement; Laptops; Telecommuting (as applicable to position)
- Company Vehicles for Firm/Project Use
- Periodic/Year-End Bonus (conditional upon firm and personal performance)
- Flexible Scheduling
- Community Engagement Opportunities/Event Tickets
- Employee Events
- Extended Lunch Time to encourage Personal Health & Fitness
- Team-Oriented and Collaborative Work Environment
- SKA Provided Apparel