Fire Protection Engineering
SKA’s fire protection engineers provide performance-based design of fire protection systems for new buildings, retrofits and renovations.
Our project experience includes hospitals, schools, university buildings, prisons/criminal justice centers, transportation facilities, laboratories, aviation facilities, industrial plants, churches, and commercial buildings.
We provide engineering investigation, studies, construction documents and construction administration.
Fire protection design services include:
- Building and fire codes consultation
- Consultation and collaboration with local Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) officials and insurance underwriters
- Hazardous material storage
- Fire protection water supply analysis
- Primary and secondary water supply analysis
- Fire protection sprinkler systems
- Standpipe systems
- Fire pumps
- Water storage tanks
- Peer review services
- Special hazard systems, such as clean agent, water mist, or CO2
- Smoke exhaust and make-up air systems
- Life safety systems