Building Envelope Project Manager (3 locations)Building Envelope Engineering
Click HERE to apply for a position in Charleston, SC.
Click HERE to apply for a position in Myrtle Beach, SC.
Click HERE to apply for a position in Wilmington, NC.
SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc. is currently looking for Building Envelope Project Managers to join our team.
The Building Envelope Project Manager role includes review/production of design and construction documents, implementation of QA/QC during construction through review of submittals, RFIs, and review/inspection/testing of ongoing work in the field. It may also include assisting with investigation and analysis of existing buildings and site testing. The Project Manager is responsible for coordination/collaboration with both internal and external team members including Consultants, A/E professionals, Owners, and Contractors for successful completion of all services pertaining to the project(s) assigned.
- Manage projects and lead teams, from inception to completion, in a variety of enclosure-related projects – in both new and existing construction.
- Critical evaluation of building envelope performance.
- Design and evaluation of building envelope systems (especially glazing systems; cladding assemblies; roofing; and waterproofing systems).
- Provide design-assist services related to envelope systems including comment on the appropriate use and selection of materials and details.
- Conduct investigations and repair of existing failing building envelope systems and issue reports.
- Develop building envelope details and specifications.
- Completing pre-construction submittal reviews or RFI responses.
- Inspect work in progress related to the exterior building envelope. Inspections will require climbing and operation of access equipment (i.e. swing stages) on high rise structures.
- Organize field data to facilitate analysis and problem solving.
- Management of client services, communicating progress, reporting, technical discussion of findings, recommendations, and project close-out.
- Scheduling and implementation of project needs.
- Attending project meetings, including leading meetings.
- Business Development
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in building envelope consulting with sound knowledge of building materials, field investigation methods, and scientific principles as they relate to building envelope performance.
- Minimum of 3 years of project management experience
- Credentials (one or more of the following):
– Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) with BS in Civil/Structural/Construction
– Materials/Architectural Engineering
– Licensed Architect (AIA) with BS in Architecture
– IIBEC credentialed consultant with RRC, REWC, RWC, and/or RBEC with relevant BS
- Proficient in writing and editing of project specifications and technical reports.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
Ability to manage projects and lead project teams.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in the field and to travel outside local area as workload and projects require.
- Work collaboratively on multiple solutions for clients and objectively summarize the benefits and shortfalls of each.
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office suite software
Committed to the success and professional development of our employees, SKA offers impressive benefits, training, and growth opportunities.
SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc., is an award-winning, multidisciplinary engineering firm established in 1957 and headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina. SKA provides MEP, fire protection, and structural engineering services, as well as comprehensive building solutions, for clients across the United States and Mexico. SKA’s discerning clients select SKA for its reputation and commitment to quality, integrity, dedication, and expertise. With 7 offices located across the southeast, SKA serves clients across a broad range of market sectors, including: education, athletics, commercial, industrial, healthcare, transportation, multifamily housing, parks, entertainment, water resources and religious. To learn more about SKA, please visit http://skaeng.com.
SKA Consulting Engineers is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of protected classes in the United States. SKA Consulting Engineers is a drug free environment.