Engineering Intern Charlottesville, VA
SKA Consulting Engineers is seeking a full-time Engineering Intern to join our growing team in Charlottesville, VA.
We are looking for a team player that is motivated, responsible, and has a desire to make a positive impact in the society by working on a wide variety of projects.
The ideal candidate must be EI or EIT registered, with a desire to become a Professional Engineer. Bachelor’s degree in civil, or related engineering with (1) one to (3) three years’ experience. Must possess basic knowledge of construction practices, terminology, and materials. Experience using RAM and Risa design and analysis programs as well as AutoCAD or Revit preferred. Experience including the investigation of damaged buildings, evaluation of defective construction, and design of repairs to damaged buildings using steel, concrete, wood, and masonry is desired. Must be physically capable of working on a construction site, on scaffolds and in tight spaces.
- Perform engineering analysis of new and existing buildings
- Communicate effectively with team members, consultants, clients and contractors
- Prepare detailed construction documents for cost estimating, permitting and construction
- Assist in preparing detailed engineering reports written in every-day language
- Occasional site work to review buildings and obtain field measurements including photographic documentation
- Creation of CAD drawings, 3-D BIM models and structural analysis models.
- Assist with other design disciplines, review of shop drawings, field measurements, field testing and data collection.
SKA offers competitive salaries, training, growth opportunities, and comprehensive benefits.
If you feel your experience is a strong match to our requirements and you are seeking a professional firm with which to develop your career, please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration to April G. Jones at email@example.com.
SKA Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran. SKA Consulting Engineers does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations. SKA Consulting Engineers is a drug-free environment.
SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc., is an award-winning, multidisciplinary engineering firm established in 1957 and headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina. SKA provides MEP, fire protection, and structural engineering services, as well as comprehensive building solutions, for clients across North America. SKA’s discerning clients select SKA for its reputation and commitment to quality, integrity, and innovation. With branch offices located throughout the southeast, including Asheville, Charlotte, and Wilmington, North Carolina, as well as, Charlottesville, Virginia and Charleston, South Carolina. SKA serves clients across a broad range of market sectors, including education, athletics, commercial, industrial, healthcare, transportation, multifamily housing, parks, entertainment, water resources and religious. To learn more about SKA, please visit http://skaeng.com.
- Electrical Engineer (PE)
- Mechanical Engineer (PE)
- Professional Engineer-Building Envelope Consultant
- Structural Drafting Technician