Structural Project EngineerStructural Engineering
Click HERE to apply for this position in Greensboro, NC.
SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Structural Project Engineer to join our team located at our headquarters in Greensboro, North Carolina.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a team player that is motivated, conscientious, and has a desire to make a positive impact in the society by working on a wide variety of projects, including high-profile engagements.
The candidate will perform technical activities required on projects by designing and analyzing building structures, communicating the design with structural drawings, performing construction administration tasks, and coordinating throughout the design and construction phases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, with a focus in Structural Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- 6 plus years of direct structural engineering experience, preferably in a consulting engineering firm.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) and/or Licensed Structural Engineer (SE) required.
- Experience in structural steel and reinforced concrete framed building design. Primary areas of service include the design of new buildings using structural steel, mild reinforced concrete, post tensioned concrete, wood, masonry, and light gauge framing.
- Experience including the investigation of damaged buildings, evaluation of defective construction, and design of repairs to damaged buildings using steel, concrete, wood, and masonry is highly desired.
- Must have experience using structural software such as RAM Structural System, RAM Elements, and/or
- Experience modeling/drafting structural systems and producing design documents for buildings in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Bluebeam.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Exceptional customer service, and collaboration skills, creative and effective problem-solving skills, strong organizational skills, self-motivation, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work within time constraints; must be able to adapt to changing demands and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for managing multiple structural projects within a team setting.
- Responsible for completing the structural design and drawings by assigned deadline. This includes design and analysis, as well as creating project documents that are complete and accurate.
- Responsible for review of shop drawings verifying conformance with design.
- Review and interpretation of site drawings and geotechnical reports.
- Coordinate with project team throughout the design and construction phase of projects, including architects, engineers, contractors, and owners.
- Perform on-site inspections and attend project meetings.
- Prepare inspection and field observation reports, analysis summaries, and reports.
- Assist in the production of technical studies and investigative reports.
- Assist project team in production of projects on time, within budget, and of a high technical quality.
- Assist with on-the-job technical training for less experienced design staff, including review of technical calculations and oversight with field inspections.
- Assist with production of drawings both using drafting/modeling software and through communication with drafters and designers.
- Possess an understanding of project management procedures and continue to enhance capabilities on larger and more complex projects.
- Actively participate in professional organizations where the technical reputation and image of the firm may be enhanced.
Committed to the success and professional development of our employees, SKA offers impressive benefits, training, and growth opportunities.
SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc., is an award-winning, multidisciplinary engineering firm established in 1957 and headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina. SKA provides MEP, fire protection, and structural engineering services, as well as comprehensive building solutions, for clients across the United States and Mexico. SKA’s discerning clients select SKA for its reputation and commitment to integrity, quality, dedication, and expertise. With 7 offices located across the southeast, SKA serves clients across a broad range of market sectors, including: education, athletics, commercial, industrial, healthcare, transportation, multifamily housing, parks, entertainment, water resources and religious. To learn more about SKA, please visit http://skaeng.com.
SKA Consulting Engineers is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of protected classes in the United States. SKA Consulting Engineers is a drug free environment.