Field Technician (2 Locations)Technicians & Designers
Click HERE to apply for a position in Myrtle Beach, SC.
Click HERE to apply for a position in Charleston, SC.
SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc. is currently looking for Field Technicians to join our Building Solutions team.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a team player that is motivated, conscientious, and has a desire to make a positive impact in the society.
In this position, the Field Technician will perform field tests, assist engineers with building and materials investigations and assessments, documenting observed conditions during construction, preparing test reports and construction monitoring related to the repair of existing buildings for a wide variety of projects and clients.
- Two-year technical degree preferred with four years previous work experience in construction, building envelope, roofing, and/or testing.
- Must have knowledge of construction practices, terminology, and materials.
- Must have an understanding/experience in construction with the ability to work on construction sites, on scaffolds, at height and in tight spaces.
- Aptitude to assemble and operation field testing equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Familiarity with Bluebeam and AutoCAD a plus.
- Must have exceptional customer service, interpersonal skills, effective critical thinking skills, strong organizational skills, self-motivation, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work within time constraints; must be able to adapt to changing demands and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills to be able to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with coworkers, clients, and contractors.
- Ability to travel 60% of the time to job sites, including overnight periodically.
- Willingness to pursue relevant certifications through ACI, ICRI, and/or IIBEC.
Committed to the success and professional development of our employees, SKA offers impressive benefits, training, and growth opportunities.
SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc., is an award-winning, multidisciplinary engineering firm established in 1957 and headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina. SKA provides MEP, fire protection, and structural engineering services, as well as comprehensive building solutions, for clients across the United States and Mexico. SKA’s discerning clients select SKA for its reputation and commitment to integrity, quality, dedication, and expertise. With seven offices located across the southeast, SKA serves clients across a broad range of market sectors, including: education, athletics, commercial, industrial, healthcare, transportation, multifamily housing, parks, entertainment, water resources and religious. To learn more about SKA, please visit http://skaeng.com.
SKA Consulting Engineers is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of protected classes in the United States. SKA Consulting Engineers is a drug free environment.