Mechanical DesignerMEP|FP Engineering
Click HERE to apply for a position in Raleigh-Durham, NC
SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc. is currently seeking experienced Mechanical Designers to join our team.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a team player that is motivated, conscientious, and has a desire to make a positive impact in the community by working on a wide variety of projects, including high-profile engagements.
In this position, the Mechanical Designer will be responsible for producing high quality, cost-effective construction documents to convey the scope of work utilizing construction document delivery software, such as AutoCAD and Revit.
- Associate degree with (6) six to (10) ten years of related mechanical drafting and modeling experience using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Knowledge of construction practices, terminology, materials, and codes.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, sizing of ducts, water and team piping, gas piping and air distribution design.
- Experience drawing and designing HVAC systems is desired. Experience with plumbing and fire protection systems is a plus. Ability to design and/or specify systems a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Familiarity with Bluebeam a plus
- Knowledge of HAP software preferred.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Exceptional customer service, and interpersonal skills, creative and effective problem-solving skills, strong organizational skills, self-motivation, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and productively on HVAC projects with periodic instruction and review from an engineer. Ability to work within time constraints; must be able to adapt to changing demands and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify and apply design principals and demonstrates a high level of attention to detail.
- Assist in performing calculations.
- Research construction materials and installation procedures.
- Coordinate and communicate with team and project leader along with external consultants, contractors, clients, and other SKA disciplines.
- Performs periodic jobsite visits to gather existing condition information, take field measurements, conduct field testing, collect data, etc.
Committed to the success and professional development of our employees, SKA offers impressive benefits, training, and growth opportunities.
SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc., is an award-winning, multidisciplinary engineering firm established in 1957 and headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina. SKA provides MEP, fire protection, and structural engineering services, as well as comprehensive building solutions, for clients across the United States and Mexico. SKA’s discerning clients select SKA for its reputation and commitment to quality, integrity, dedication, and expertise. With 7 offices located across the southeast, SKA serves clients across a broad range of market sectors, including: education, athletics, commercial, industrial, healthcare, transportation, multifamily housing, parks, entertainment, water resources and religious. To learn more about SKA, please visit http://skaeng.com.
SKA Consulting Engineers is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of protected classes in the United States. SKA Consulting Engineers is a drug free environment.
Technicians & Designers
Building Envelope Engineering
- Electrical Designer
- Electrical Engineer
- Experienced Mechanical Engineer
- Mechanical Designer
- Mechanical Engineer