BIM CAD Designer (2 Locations)Technicians & Designers
Click HERE to apply for a position in Greensboro, NC.
Click HERE to apply for a position in Charlotte, NC.
SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Structural BIM|CAD Designers to join our team.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a team player that is motivated, conscientious, and has a desire to make a positive impact in the community by working on a wide variety of projects, including high-profile engagements.
In this position, the BIM|CAD Designer will be responsible for producing high quality models for a wide range of projects by providing assistance in the development of drawings, sketches, details, and sections. While structural systems will be the primary area of responsibility, an awareness of how other Architectural and MEPFP systems impact and coordinate with the structure is key.
- Associate degree with (5) five to (10) ten years structural drafting and modeling experience using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Combination of technical competence, 2D and 3D drafting software skills, and the desire to contribute significantly in a collaborative team environment.
- Geometric and spatial understanding
- Ability to understand not only how a building comes together, but how it can be modeled accurately in a BIM environment.
- Knowledge of construction practices, terminology, and materials.
- Knowledge of all aspects of structural drawing sets (plans, details, notes, etc.) and proficiency in effectively assembling structural drawings for clear, concise, and orderly presentation of the structural design
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Familiarity with Navisworks and Bluebeam a plus
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Exceptional customer service, and interpersonal skills, creative and effective problem-solving skills, strong organizational skills, self-motivation, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work within time constraints; must be able to adapt to changing demands and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Create construction documents utilizing Revit 3D BIM software and AutoCAD
- Responsible for maintaining high quality and uniform standards
- Communicate model and drawing issues and problems to the Project Leader
- Coordinate with other design disciplines
- Communicate clearly, effectively and professionally with clients
- Review shop drawings
- Field measurements and data collection
Committed to the success and professional development of our employees, SKA offers impressive benefits, training, and growth opportunities.
SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc., is an award-winning, multidisciplinary engineering firm established in 1957 and headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina. SKA provides MEP, fire protection, and structural engineering services, as well as comprehensive building solutions, for clients across the United States and Mexico. SKA’s discerning clients select SKA for its reputation and commitment to quality, integrity, dedication, and expertise. With 7 offices located across the southeast, SKA serves clients across a broad range of market sectors, including: education, athletics, commercial, industrial, healthcare, transportation, multifamily housing, parks, entertainment, water resources and religious. To learn more about SKA, please visit http://skaeng.com.
SKA Consulting Engineers is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of protected classes in the United States. SKA Consulting Engineers is a drug free environment.