Structural Project Engineer Charlotte, NC
Click HERE to apply.
SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc. is currently seeking a Structural Project Engineer to join our team in Charlotte, North Carolina.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a team player that is motivated, conscientious, and has a desire to make a positive impact in the society by working on a wide variety of projects, including high-profile engagements.
The candidate will perform technical activities required on projects by designing and analyzing building structures, communicating the design with structural drawings, performing construction administration tasks, and coordinating throughout the design and construction phases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, with a focus in Structural Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of direct structural engineering experience, preferably in a consulting engineering firm.
- PE or SE license required.
- Must have experience using structural software such as RAM Structural System, RAM Elements, RISA and/or Enercalc
- Experience designing structural systems and producing design documents for buildings in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Bluebeam.
- Experience in building design using a variety of materials, including but not limited to, structural steel, reinforced concrete, CMU, and timber.
- Experience including the investigation of damaged buildings, evaluation of defective construction, and design of repairs to damaged buildings using steel, concrete, wood, and masonry is highly desired.
- Must have exceptional customer service, interpersonal skills, effective problem-solving skills, strong organizational skills, self-motivation, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work within time constraints; must be able to adapt to changing demands and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to collaborate and be a team player.
Committed to the success and professional development of our employees, SKA offers impressive benefits, training and growth opportunities.
SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc., is an award-winning, multidisciplinary engineering firm established in 1957 and headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina. SKA provides MEP, fire protection, and structural engineering services, as well as comprehensive building solutions, for clients across the United States and Mexico. SKA’s discerning clients select SKA for its reputation and commitment to integrity, quality, integrity, dedication, and expertise. With 7 offices located across the southeast, SKA serves clients across a broad range of market sectors, including: education, athletics, commercial, industrial, healthcare, transportation, multifamily housing, parks, entertainment, water resources and religious. To learn more about SKA, please visit http://skaeng.com
SKA Consulting Engineers is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of protected classes in the United States. SKA Consulting Engineers is a drug free environment.