Appalachian State University – Kidd Brewer Stadium
Boone, North Carolina
- Provided Primary Schematic and Design Development Services
- Prepared Contract Documents and Provided Construction Administration Services
- Metal bleachers were added to the visitors’ side, increasing the seating capacity by several thousand. Additional restroom buildings and concessions were added to facilitate the increased seating.
- The main structure of the field house utilizes a steel frame with a reinforced concrete stair and elevator towers. Reinforced cast-in-place concrete drilled shafts were used for the main building foundation.
- Performed a structural investigation of existing deteriorated 30 year old precast concrete bleachers and provided design services for new on-grade seat riser slabs to replace existing precast bleachers.