Concrete|Materials Engineer Greensboro, NC
Click HERE to apply.
SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc. is currently looking for a Concrete|Materials Engineer to join our Building Solutions team in our newly located corporate office in Greensboro, North Carolina.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a collaborator that is motivated, conscientious, and has a desire to make a positive impact in the society by working on a wide variety of projects, including high-profile engagements.
In this position, the Concrete|Materials Engineer will be responsible for performing failure investigations, assessments, testing and analysis of concrete|material systems. Will convey findings, conclusion, and recommendations via written reports. Position will also include development of design drawings and specifications for construction remedial repair of concrete|material failures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (structural or materials science major); Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of 1 year structural, materials experience required
- Must have a strong understanding of engineering with an interest in construction
- Experience in construction contract administration
- Experience or willing to learn all aspects of concrete, corrosion mitigation and materials service life extension and structural repairs
- Must have passed the Fundamental of Engineering Exam, with the desire to become a Professional Engineer
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD. Familiarity with Bluebeam a plus
- Must have exceptional customer service, interpersonal skills, effective critical thinking skills, strong organizational skills, self-motivation, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work within time constraints; must be able to adapt to changing demands and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills to be able to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with coworkers, clients, and contractors.
SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc., is an award-winning, multidisciplinary engineering firm established in 1957 and headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina. SKA provides MEP, fire protection, and structural engineering services, as well as comprehensive building solutions, for clients across the United States and Mexico. SKA’s discerning clients select SKA for its reputation and commitment to integrity, quality, integrity, dedication, and expertise. With 7 offices located across the southeast, SKA serves clients across a broad range of market sectors, including: education, athletics, commercial, industrial, healthcare, transportation, multifamily housing, parks, entertainment, water resources and religious. To learn more about SKA, please visit http://skaeng.com
SKA Consulting Engineers is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of protected classes in the United States. SKA Consulting Engineers is a drug free environment.