Mechanical EngineerMEP|FP Engineering
Click HERE to apply for a Mechanical Designer position in Greensboro, NC
Click HERE to apply for a Mechanical Designer position in Raleigh-Durham, NC
Click HERE to apply for a Mechanical Engineer position in Greensboro, NC
SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc. is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection (MEPFP) team located at our headquarters in Greensboro, North Carolina.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a team player that is motivated, conscientious, and has a desire to make a positive impact in the society by working on a wide variety of projects, including high-profile engagements.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to assist the project team in producing projects of high technical quality, on time, and within budget. The Mechanical Engineer will assist the Project Manager and/or Project Engineer(s) in the design of mechanical building systems, including heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR), hydronic, plumbing, and fire protection systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 2 years related experience, preferably in a consulting engineering firm.
- Desire to become a licensed Professional Engineer (PE), in not currently licensed.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, ASHRAE guidelines, mechanical codes, and industrial mechanical systems related to buildings and other structures, this includes HVAC systems, boilers, chillers, duct sizing and piping designs.
- Experience designing, specifying, and inspecting HVAC systems is desired.
- Experience with plumbing and fire protection a plus.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office and Bluebeam.
- Experience with HAP or similar software.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Exceptional customer service, and collaboration skills, creative and effective problem-solving skills, strong organizational skills, self-motivation, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work within time constraints; must be able to adapt to changing demands and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare mechanical, plumbing, and fire protection construction documents in AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Perform (primarily computer-based) heating and cooling load calculations for building systems.
- Select and layout mechanical equipment.
- Prepare material, construction, and equipment specifications.
- Review equipment shop drawings/submittals.
- Perform site visits to survey existing building systems or monitor construction progress based on design specifications, owner expectations, and building codes.
- Participate in the commissioning process to ensure mechanical systems work as intended by the original design.
- Prepare condition assessments and reports.
- Assist in preparation of proposals, submittals, and bidding documents.
- Coordinate and communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally internally with team, project leader, other SKA disciplines, as well as externally with consultants, contractors, architects, and owners.
- Select appropriate equipment for projects through selection software and coordinate with equipment vendors.
- Attend design coordination meetings with team members and clients, as necessary.
- Demonstrate a desire to advance technical and project management knowledge and skills.
Committed to the success and professional development of our employees, SKA offers impressive benefits, training, and growth opportunities.
SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc., is an award-winning, multidisciplinary engineering firm established in 1957 and headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina. SKA provides MEP, fire protection, and structural engineering services, as well as comprehensive building solutions, for clients across the United States and Mexico. SKA’s discerning clients select SKA for its reputation and commitment to integrity, quality, dedication, and expertise. With 7 offices located across the southeast, SKA serves clients across a broad range of market sectors, including: education, athletics, commercial, industrial, healthcare, transportation, multifamily housing, parks, entertainment, water resources and religious. To learn more about SKA, please visit http://skaeng.com.
SKA Consulting Engineers is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of protected classes in the United States. SKA Consulting Engineers is a drug free environment.