Roofing Technician Building Envelope Engineering
Click HERE to apply.
SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc. is currently looking to add an experienced Roofing Technician to our Building Solutions team.
We are looking for a team player that is motivated, responsible, and has a desire to make a positive impact in the society by working on a wide variety of projects, including high-profile engagements.
- Five years commercial roofing experience with knowledge of roofing standards, different roofing materials, and roofing systems, and optimal installation methods for all primary types of roofs.
- Registered Roof Observer (RRO) certification, or experience that is equal to or greater in relationship to observing roofing construction.
- Knowledge of general construction practices, terminology and materials.
- Ability to work outside in a wide variety of weather conditions and meet the physical demands of the position, while following and demonstrating safe work practices.
- Must be able to travel 90% of the time to job sites, including overnight periodically.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) and Bluebeam. AutoCAD experience a plus.
Must have an understanding/experience in construction with the ability to work on construction sites, at heights; aptitude to assemble and operate field testing equipment; strong oral and written communication skills; self-motivation; effective problem-solving skills; ability to work within time constraints; must be able to adapt to changing demands and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment; exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills to be able to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with coworkers, clients and contractors; must be able to work with a team, as well as, independently. Must be able to adapt to changing demands and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and to work outside regular business hours to meet business needs.
SKA offers competitive salaries, training, growth opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. If you feel your experience is a match and you are seeking a professional firm with which to develop your career, please submit a cover letter and your resume for consideration.
SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc., is an award-winning, multidisciplinary engineering firm established in 1957 and headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina. SKA provides MEP, fire protection, and structural engineering services, as well as comprehensive building solutions, for clients across the United States and Mexico. SKA’s discerning clients select SKA for its reputation and commitment to quality, integrity, and innovation. With 7 offices located across the southeast, SKA serves clients across a broad range of market sectors, including: education, athletics, commercial, industrial, healthcare, transportation, multifamily housing, parks, entertainment, water resources and religious. To learn more about SKA, please visit http://skaeng.com.
SKA Consulting Engineers is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of protected classes in the United States. SKA Consulting Engineers is a drug free environment.